Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2015


Tuesday 18 Rome

When we landed in Rome we were picked up by a taxi and taken to our hotel. The  Hotel Quirinale which is in the old part of Rome in the Via Nationalle. Amazing old buildings surround us and of course we want to know the stories behind them.
First we went for a walk towards the Trevi fountain which was being repaired so we could not see all of its beauty but certainly could imagine it. I met these people while I was there.

Roman gladiators

My friend Pinnochio

It was very hot and we were quite tired from the travelling so an early night on the Monday so we could be up and ready to go this morning on the Hop On Hop Off bus. 
So many sights to see in a day of travelling by bus, walking and stopping to sit down and rest 
occasionally. Although there were lots of people looking at the same wonderful sights it did not really seem crowded at all. What amazes me is the age of the buildings and the fact that we are travelling the roads built by Romans so many hundreds of years ago indeed we are looking at sights built thousands of years ago. 


St Peters Church at the Vatican


The River Tiber

The fountains in Rome are beautiful








The Colleseum


I hope that you like these pictures. It is interesting to find out more about the places that I went to. I will give some more information when I have the time but in the meantime people can google to know more if they wish.
Today ( Wednesday) we will be visiting the Vatican City and the Sistene chapel. The day has started off with rain which is something that we have not really experienced on the trip so far.










 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, You must be having a lot of fun and I hope you have save travels back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs Stuart,
    Wow you must have had a lot of fun! I hope your travelling safely! Wow you actually say a real wooden Pinnochio. Wow! Pinnochio used to be my favourite story to read and movie to watch, and the fountain in Rome are very beautiful like you said. May Road misses you so much. Can't wait to see you next term,

    Emalata

    ReplyDelete