Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

Saturday 1 August

Well we were up early again - 4.45 am to be exact. We caught a taxi to Gatwick Airport - what a long drive that was through areas of the UK that we had not had the opportunity to see. The airport was really busy. We managed to find our airline and get our baggage sorted very quickly. Went through the scanners into the departure area and guess what I was stopped again. I seem to get stopped at every airport this trip. Either the jewellery or shoes - I don't know.
Had a bit of a wait and then on to the plane. Finland here we come. Finland is a place that I have wanted to visit for such a long time. They have some ideas about education that I really like so the conference that I am going to promises to be very interesting and teach me some new things that I can bring home to New Zealand.
Flying in to Helsinki

Getting closer

Here we are on the ground and in a bus heading towards our hotel the Crowne Plaza. Gorgeous hotel. Unpacked our bags and then went for - wait for it!!! Another big, long walk. It is so interesting walking in places that are new. We walked and walked until our legs were fired so it was back to the hotel and a lovely long swim. what bliss!!! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment