Pages

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Portugal continued.

The following day we got up early for the long drive to a place called Sagres. Sagres is also known as the end of the world.
Cape Sagres, Portugal: The End of the World

I have included this YouTube clip so that you can find out a little more about it. We walked and walked around the area and I loved the sense of history of it all. To think that Sir Francis Drake attacked the area in around 1543. What a beautiful spot and what gorgeous photos we were able to take. In the photo of me, you can see the outline of the African continent in the background.


This was such a special day and I really enjoyed seeing these sights. We stayed there for quite a long
 time just exploring and then had to leave to move on to the next places.

As we travelled back, we found a lovely little man made beach, where there was a little restaurant. So we stopped for lunch and a much needed drink.  






After a lovely rest , it was off to look at some other places. We found a beautiful ceramic shop which I could have spent hours in. I did buy a few lovely pieces, to bring home for people.





What beautiful colours and designs on these ceramics.





2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mrs Stuart,
    This is a lovely blog post that you did, I saw those lovely photo's of the designs on the wall.
    And I really enjoy the photo's you put on the blog it is amazing.

    Did you take the photo's?

    cheers Xoxo.

    From: Maxine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Mrs Stuart,
    This is a lovely blog post that you did, I saw those lovely photo's of the designs on the wall.
    And I really enjoy the photo's you put on the blog it is amazing.

    Did you take the photo's?

    cheers Xoxo.

    From: Maxine.

    ReplyDelete